Is Scar Zone Advanced Cream good for healing scars? There aren’t many testimonials, but we found this cream still gets a good rating from buyers.
- Has a low price
- Not many testimonials
About Scar Zone Advanced Scar Cream
Scar Zone is a famous manufacturer of skin care products. There are many kinds of ointments, creams, and gels that are made by Scar Zone. In this review, we take a look at the Scar Zone Advanced Scar Cream that can be used for acne treatment, for old stretch marks, burns, and for various scars such as keloids, hypertrophic, and surgical scars.
The lotion is packaged not in a jar but a tube. It’s made with moisturizers and silicone that help to keep your skin well hydrated and elastic. Although there is a high search interest for this product, we didn’t find that many testimonials about the effectiveness of this cream compared to other brands.
What Are the Ingredients?
Here is the ingredient list printed on the packaging:
- Water (Aqua),
- Ethylhexyl Benzoate (skin-conditioning agents; emollient; may provoke mild irritations)
- Dimethicone (a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations; may provoke dryness or slight irritation)
- Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone (emulsifier, skin-conditioning agent; considered safe)
- Cetyl Dimethicone (an antifoaming,skin-conditioning agent, emollient; considered generally safe)
- Hydrogenated Polyisobutene (an emollient, moisturizing agent; FDA approved ingredient)
- Sodium Hyaluronate Crosspolymer (moisturizing agent with wound healing properties; generally considered a safe and gentle ingredient)
- Hyaluronic Acid (an anti-aging ingredient, preserving the natural skin moisture; reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
- Polyquaternium-24 (has strong moisturizing properties; has soothing and softening effect on the skin)
- Sodium Chloride (a common preservative and viscosity increasing agent; considered a relatively safe ingredient)
- Algae extract (helps to lift and tone your look)
- Arnica Montana Flower Extract (reduces flaking and restores skin suppleness; may cause an allergic reaction in people with sensitive skin; should not be applied to damaged or broken skin)
- Allium Cepa (or Onion – Skin-Conditioning Agent; there are safety concerns regarding the toxicity of this ingredient) Bulb Extract
- Phytonadione (a fat-soluble vitamin, reducing skin imperfections such as dark circles under the eyes, redness; there is a minimal chance of an allergic reaction)
- Camellia Sinensis (humectant with antimicrobial properties; negative reactions when applied topically are not indicated) Leaf Extract
- Glycolipids (have moisturizing effect on the skin, by assisting the barrier function of the skin)
- Propanediol ( a skin conditioning agent, humectant, fragrance ingredient; may provoke skin irritation, contact dermatitis, and rashes)
- Ornithine (has healing effect; repairs the skin tissue; FDA-approved ingredient)
- Tocopheryl Acetate (form of Vitamin E, a natural skin-conditioning agent, and antioxidant)
- Glycerin (various research prove how beneficial glycerin is in conditions such as psoriasis, seborrheic dermatitis, and eczema
- Butylene Glycol (a humectant; this chemical is the potential for skin irritation)
- Propylene Glycol (preventing the escape of moisture or water in cosmetic formulas)
- DMDM Hydantoin (has formaldehyde properties, effective cleanser, and preservative; considered dangerous, although the percentage of formaldehyde in it is very small)
How to Use Scar Zone?
The directions on the packaging say to massage the lotion into your scar for three minutes a day. The massaging helps to circulate your blood flow which makes your skin look healthy. If you’re wondering how long the cream takes to work, you ought to use this product for at least eight weeks on new scars, and at least 3-6 months for old scars.
In our research, we didn’t find any reports of side effects. There are no reports of acne breakouts or pores being clogged. So far, we conclude that it is safe to use for most types of skin, but you should examine it for yourself before committing to long-term treatment.
Scar Zone Cream Customer Reviews
The testimonials from customers show that this cream is good and it does work. We didn’t find that many reports from customers, but the ones we did find show that Scar Zone gets a good rating:
- One customer managed to eliminate years of acne damage on her face, but the cream makes her face oily
- Another customer reports that the cream erased many years of face impurities and marks after using it for two months
The bad ratings report that some customers didn’t experience any change after using the cream. It is a common report among customers of various scar creams because different products work for some people and not work for other people. We did find a customer that complained one pack is not enough for complete healing of scar wounds, but that is true for almost all brands we review here.
Comparison to Other Brands
Scar Zone VS ScarAway
ScarAway is made from silicone gel while Scar Zone consists of many ingredients. If you have sensitive skin , you may want to stick with silicone gel since it has a minimal risk of side effects. ScarAway is easier and faster to apply, and can give results sooner than Scar Zone Advanced.
We found less testimonials about Scar Zone than we found about ScarAway. But from the ones we discovered, they gave Scar Zone a slightly higher rating than ScarAway. ScarAway is one of the most expensive scar treatment creams you can buy, so if you want to spend as little as possible, Scar Zone would be a better choice.
The rating we give between Scar Zone and ScarAway is pretty close. We would recommend ScarAway since it has a higher rate of success than Scar Zone, but the price might turn you away. It’s still worth taking a look at our ScarAway Repair Gel review to examine it closely.
Scar Zone VS Mederma
We have done a discussion about Scar Zone VS Mederma here.
Scar Zone VS Scarguard
We have compared Scar Zone VS Scarguard here.
Where to Buy Scar Zone?
In our research, we didn’t find any official printable coupons. Even so, the price of this product is quite low among the brands we review. You can buy this cream online or in stores from various retailers. The official site doesn’t contain much information, so if you’re wondering how much it costs, take a look at our table below for links to Scar Zone deals.
How Does Scar Zone Compare?
Other notable scar removal creams are liste here.
Last update on 2019-09-19 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API