30 Advanced Scar Supervision (Size 50g) (50g)
Here are the pros and cons of BioCorneum plus SPF 30
- Unique scar therapy providing a patented silicone gel to help prevent abnormal scar
formation with high protection sunscreen agents
- According to the manufacturer, the formula reduces redness and discoloration
- The product is supposed to relieve associated itch and discomfort
- It is suitable for both smaller and larger scars
- This is the only 100% silicone scar treatment with SPF 30 UV protection ingredients
- The product is suitable for use on children and people with sensitive skin
- BioCorneum plus SPF 30 is fragrance-free, paraben-free, sensitivity-free and noncomedogenic
- The price of this product is higher, compared to other scar treatment products
- Older and larger scars require longer treatment
What is bioCorneum plus SPF 30?
- BioCorneum Plus SPF30 - Advanced Scar Supervision - 50g
BioCorneum plus SPF 30 is specially designed for the treatment of older and newer scars. It can be applied to many types of scars, including acne scars, surgery scars, and scars from burns, cuts, and other injuries.
Each product contains 50 g substance designed to improve the overall appearance, color, and texture of scars. The product should be applied every day and results may be expected within 2 weeks for newer scars, and several months for older scars.
This formula contains Octinoxate 7.5% as an active ingredient. It is proven to significantly improve the appearance of scar tissue.
Is BioCorneum plus SPF30 good?
Having that this product is often prescribed by surgeons and dermatologists, we can assume that it has a good reputation among skin care professionals.
Just like similar products, this one should be applied once the skin has healed. It is suitable for the face, neck, chest, hands, and any other area exposed to the sun.
The reviews about this product are not very impressive but the most common reason is that (as usual) people expect visible changes after the first days of application.
Sadly, the healing process requires way more time and patience.
What is more, for very old scars, this product doesn’t seem to be very effective.
What Are the Active Ingredients Inside It?
The active ingredients in this formula are the following:
- Octinoxate 7.5% (commonly used in sunscreen products; the ingredient absorbs the UV rays damaging the skin; helpя reduce the appearance of scars; FDA approved)
- Octisalate 5.0% (a common sunscreen agent, ultraviolet light absorber)
- Octocrylene 10% (a common sunscreen ingredient; it may cause allergic reactions in people with sensitive skin)
- Oxybenzone 6.0% (absorbs UVB and short UVA rays but is a relatively weak chemical UV absorber)
The list of inactive ingredients in this product include:
- Polysiloxanes (a silicone compound; normalizes collagen synthesis, and reduces irritation and redness)
- Silicon Dioxide (reported to be effective and produce 86% reduction in texture, 84% in color and 68% in height of scars)
- Isopropyl Myristate (a common emollient, lubricant; considered generally safe)
How to apply BioCorneum plus SPF 30?
Once your skin has completely healed, start applying a thin layer of BioCorneum twice daily for about twelve weeks. If you have raised, red scars or keloids, you may want to continue to use BioCorneum for a longer period of time.
Below are some helpful tips to properly use BioCorneum and increase its effectiveness:
- Make sure the affected area is clean and completely dry
- Apply a very thin layer of the product and allow to dry completely. It will take about 4-5 minutes.
- You can apply cosmetics or compression garments once the product is absorbed by the skin
- The recommended application is twice a day (in the morning and just before bedtime), making sure that BioCorneum is in contact with your scar 24 hours a day
- When applied to newer scars the treatment period should be 60 to 90 days.
- When applied to older scars, the recommended minimum treatment period is 90 days.
Does BioCorneum plus SPF 30 Really Work?
There are divergent reviews about BioCorneum plus SPF 30 available Online. It is easily visible that the negative ones originate from the price of the product. The positive comments are quite promising but let’s take a closer look.
- A customer who purchased the product in order to reduce a scar from a tummy tuck surgery (also known as abdominoplasty) reports about positive results: the surgery scar has faded greatly. Unfortunately, results are taking longer than expected.
- Another customer with surgery scars experienced positive results after the treatment with BioCorneum treatment as well: “I’m happy with the product since my surgery 5 months ago the scars are showing less.”
- Here’s another useful feedback regarding this product:”The cream is easy to apply. Easy to use and it helps heal scars.”
Bad news is that not everyone is satisfied with the results obtained.
- One dissatisfied customer reports about a lack of improvement in her scars: “I did not get any of the results I was told by my doctor I would get at all!”
- Another customer says the company has mistaken the order made: “I ordered this product and received the wrong size”
How much does BioCorneum plus SPF 30 cost?
The price of this formula can be considered higher, comparing to similar products for scar treatment and some of the customers have hesitation in whether or not to buy it. The product can be purchased from your local store or an Online Retailer (the second option will cost less). Also, Online retailers usually offer “an instant refund, no questions asked” in case you are not satisfied with the product received so you should check if such option is available before purchasing this product.
BioCorneum plus SPF 30 is available in 2 sizes – 20g and 50g. The price of the 50g version comes in cheaper than the smaller one.
- BioCorneum Plus SPF30 - Advanced Scar Supervision - 50g