Dark Spot Corrector Remover For Face & Melasma Treatment Fade Cream – Contains Vitamin C, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid
This product is among the hundreds, designed for dark spots and acne scars treatment and the reason we have chosen it is the ingredients it contains. They include 2% Hydroquinone, Salicylic Acid, Kojic Acid, Azelaic Acid, Lactic Acid, Vitamin C and others, all of which are proven to improve the skin texture and overall appearance.
What are the pros and cons of Dark Spot Corrector Remover?
- Hydroquinone is proven to decrease the formation of melanin in the skin cells (melanin is the pigment that gives color to human skin – dark-
skinned people have more melanin than light-skinned people)
- According to the manufacturer, visible results can be expected within 4 weeks if the product is applied every night
- The formula can be applied to the entire area (face, neck or other body areas), affected by scars, dark spots, and other imperfections
- If applied regularly, the product will last about 30-45 days
- The product is both non-comedogenic and oil-free
- You must apply sunscreen during the day on areas where you have applied this serum
- You cannot use this product for more than 60 days (you will have to give your skin a break for at least 30 days)
- This product can cause some drying or irritation to some with sensitive skin
What is Dark Spot Corrector Remover by Admire My Skin?
This is a potent formula, which aims to treat acne scars, dark spots, melasma and other conditions, related to skin discoloration. The most important aspect, regarding the effect of the product, is the effect it will have on the problem areas. Most often, the product causes dark spots to appear darker at first before peeling off the reveal much lighter skin, so you should be prepared for this inconvenience.
You should have in mind that performing a patch test before the initial application of the product is a must, as it can provoke skin irritations, including burning or itchy sensation, discomfort, redness. Also, make sure to wear sunscreen during the day on areas where you’ve used this serum to avoid potential skin reactions.
This treatment method can be considered extremely effective for the reduction of acne scars, yet the ingredients in this formula are not for everyone. For most customers, it provokes visible lightening of the complexion and elimination of the scars/dark spots.
Also, it is very important to remember that the complete removal of a scar is not possible, as the skin texture is already damaged and cannot be 100% restored.
Individual results will vary, as everyone has specific skin features (unique skin type, lifestyle, genetics, etc.), but customers usually see the effect of this treatment method within the first 4 weeks.
Is Dark Spot Corrector Remover by Admire My Skin good?
Considering the fact that this is a product for acne spot management, which often requires prolonged treatment until results can be seen, we can surely recommend the product, as the ingredients in it are potent. After a couple nights of consecutive application, your skin will start peeling and the best you can do is to apply a good moisturizer on the affected area.
Customers say that the skin will peel off eventually. Some prefer to exfoliate the skin. You just want to be careful not to irritate the skin and exfoliating can also cause the serum to sting more than usual.
However, there are lots of customers claiming that their skin didn’t peel at all.
What are the active ingredients inside it?
As mentioned above, the active ingredient in this formula is Hydroquinone, 2%. It is is a topical skin-bleaching agent used in the cosmetic treatment of hyperpigmented conditions, such as melasma, dark spots, scars. The effect of hydroquinone is reversible when exposed to sunlight and therefore requires regular use until desired results are achieved. Negative skin reactions may include severe skin redness or dryness, burning, or stinging sensation.
The inactive ingredients in this formula include:
- Propylene Glycol (preventing the escape of moisture or water in cosmetic formulas)
- Alcohol Denat (antimicrobial and solvent agent; may provoke dryness, irritation, and breakouts)
- Azelaic Acid (a potent anti-acne agent with bleaching properties; has an anti-bacterial effect; negative reactions may include skin peeling, stinging, and dryness)
- Hamamelis Virginiana Water (or Witch Hazel – an astringent; has soothing effect on the skin)
- Aqua (Water)
- Lactic Acid (a powerful ingredient that helps reduce acne breakouts and the appearance of wrinkles and other signs of aging; proven clinical improvement in skin smoothness and in the appearance of lines and wrinkles)
- Kojic Acid (a skin lightening ingredient, used for the treatment of sun damage, scars, and age spots; has antimicrobial properties; side effects may include skin irritation and inflammation)
- Ascorbic Acid (or vitamin C – has a major role in collagen synthesis)
- Salicylic Acid (an exfoliating (peeling) agent causing shedding of the outer layer of skin. Negative effects of the application of Salicylic Acid-based products include skin irritation and skin dryness)
- Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose (a lubricant, foam enhancer and stabilizer, thickener, emulsion stabilizer and film former for hair and skin care products)
- Sodium Hydroxide (a common pH adjuster; may cause severe burns and deep ulcerations)
How to apply Dark Spot Corrector Remover by Admire My Skin?
The directions suggest applying this serum to clean skin nightly. You’ll begin to see results within 4 weeks. It is highly recommended to wear sunscreen during the day on areas where you’ve used this serum.\
Does Dark Spot Corrector Remover by Admire My Skin really work?
Customers are generally satisfied with the effect of this product and the number of reviews available Online is really impressive. In fact, most of the people who purchased the product wanted to treat age spots or hyperpigmentation, but the ones using the serum for the reduction of acne scars saw great improvement thanks to this formula:
- Satisfied customer shares: “I had this embarrassing post acne scar on my nose and I had low expectations for this to work. After daily use for 4 days I notice my scar was slowly getting darker and I was ready to explode and so I stayed off for a couple days then I returned for 2 more days because why not and after taking a shower I hadn’t noticed but it literally peeled off my skin as I was drying my face with a towel like magic”
- Another customer (who also ranked the product 5 stars) experiences skin dryness during the period of treatment: “It also makes your skin very dry but I think all of that is part of the process to get rid of the old dead skin though.”
- There’s another customer with post-acne scars who saw a positive effect of the formula: “My spots are definitely fading but still noticeable.”
However, there are negative reviews as well. Due to the high potency of the ingredients in this formula, people with more sensitive skin experience negative effects of this treatment:
- Here’s a customer who faced severe reaction after applying the product: “a bit strong for my skin. Haven’t been able to see if works affectively to lighten dark spots, because experienced burning affect upon 1st use”
- Another customer even claims the product provoked acne on her skin: “This product made my skin breakout in a rash in multiple areas, as well as gave me acne. Definitely will stop use.”
How much does Dark Spot Corrector Remover by Admire My Skin cost?
The price of this serum is below $25, which makes it an affordable option for acne scar management, having that scar treatment products are usually way more expensive. The formula can be purchased both Online or at your local drugstore and its price will vary, depending on where you buy it.
Coupons and discounts are often available Online, so you can try finding one. Also, the price seems considerable cheaper if you buy the serum from an Online Retailer store.