Scar Treatment Sheets – 12 Multi-Use Adhesive Soft Fabric Strips, 1.5 x 7 In
- What are the pros and cons of Scaraway Scar Diminishing Gel?
- What is Scaraway Scar Diminishing Gel?
- Is ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel good?
- What are the active ingredients inside it?
- How to apply ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel?
- Does ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel really work?
- How much does ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel cost?
- How does ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel compare to other acne scar healing products?
What are the pros and cons of Scaraway Scar Diminishing Gel?
- Silicone scar treatment is the favored treatment of medical experts in scar management
- There is a large number of clinical evaluations proving the high efficacy of this scar management method
- According to the manufacturer, the product dries within minutes forming a flexible, breathable, waterproof invisible sheet over the affected area
- The product may be worn under compression garment
- The gel is durable for 24 hours and is odorless, transparent, breathable and lightweight
- Scar treatment sheets can only be applied as soon as the wound has fully closed
- There are complaints about the price of ScarAway Sheets – many customers consider them too expensive
What is Scaraway Scar Diminishing Gel?
- Physician Formulated ScarAway scar treatment is Clinically Proven to flatten and soften raised scars, reduce redness, fade discoloration, and relieve itch and...
- New ScarAway Gel (formerly Kelo-cote) features patented Kelo-cote silicone technology, which dries within minutes forming a flexible, breathable, waterproof...
- Acts like an invisible second layer of skin, providing 24-hour efficacy in one easy application; Ideal for scars of various sizes, shapes, and locations. Safe,...
- Convenient to use - This odorless, transparent, breathable and lightweight scar reducing gel is suitable for all ages and skin types, including children and those...
- Ideal for old and new scars from surgeries, burns, injuries, bug bites, acne, cuts, scrapes and more. Cautions : ScarAway should not be used on dermatological...
This gel aims to remove the appearance of both old and new scar formations on the skin, due to surgeries, burns, injuries, bug bites, acne, cuts, scrapes. According to the manufacturer, the formula successfully prevents and reduces raised and discolored scars. What’s different about this product than other scar treatment options is that it is suitable for children and those with sensitive skin.
Silicone’s function is to actually hydrate the scar tissue, thus softening the scar and preventing its further development.
This treatment method is very effective for post-surgical scars (usually, it will take 1-2 weeks after stitches or staples are removed). For older scars, you may begin using ScarAway Diminishing Gel immediately, but you should be aware that the treatment of older scars takes longer – from several weeks to several months.
These scar gel can be applied to all body parts (avoid mucous membranes, open wounds, and direct contact with eyes).
Also, it is very important to remember that the complete removal of a scar is not possible, as the skin texture is already damaged and cannot be completely restored.
Individual results will vary from person to person but most of the customers have seen an improvement after 6-8 weeks of consistent use. The results mainly depend on your unique skin type, lifestyle, genetics, etc.
Is ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel good?
This formula contains Silicon Dioxide and Polysiloxanes – a single layer allows the skin to breathe without letting it dry out, helping with fibroblast production while keeping collagen production under control. ScarAway Diminishing gel is formulated by physicians and is available without a prescription.
These are some of the conditions for which the product can provide a visible improvement: Appendectomy, arm lift/brachioplasty, back surgery, eyelid Surgery (Blepharoplasty), body piercing, breast cancer or breast reconstructive surgery, breast implant/augmentation, breast lift or breast reduction surgery, c-section/cesarian, cleft lip repair, face lift, hair transplant, hand surgery, hysterectomy, knee surgery, liposuction, open heart surgery, raised acne scars, skin cancer surgeries, mohs surgery, tattoo removal, thyroid surgery, tummy tuck, and more.
What are the active ingredients inside it?
ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel contains only 2 ingredients:
Polysiloxanes – also called dimethicone and is one of several types of silicone oil, this is an ingredient preventing water loss by forming a hydrating barrier on the skin; it is widely used in cosmetics due to its beneficial properties when applied to the skin; non-toxic ingredient
Silicon Dioxide – also known as silica; helps protect wounds from excessive moisture, drying out and infections; prevents further inflammation and development of scars
How to apply ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel?
This formula can be applied to all types of scars, including:
- Keloid Scars
- Surgical Scars
- Burn Scars
- Pregnancy Scars
- Breast Implant Scars
- Hypertrophic Scars
- Traumatic Scars
- Acne Scars
- Stretch Mark Scars
- All Other Scars
The directions suggest cleaning and drying the affected area before applying the product. Roll a thin coat of the substance and let it completely dry (otherwise, the product may stain your clothes). It takes less than 5 minutes to dry.
You can then apply both sunscreen and cosmetic products. It is highly recommended to apply the product twice daily (in the morning and before bedtime) in order to obtain best results. The purpose of the frequent application is to prevent the area where the scar is located from drying out.
The manufacturer suggests applying ScarAway formula for at least 60 days.
Does ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel really work?
The Online performance of this product (both product rating and customer comments are taken into account) can be considered good. The positive reviews inform that the gel performs as expected – reduces the sizes of the scars, moisturizes the skin etc.
- A customer posted a before/after photo from a recent surgery *the after a photo was taken 5 weeks post surgery and the results are quite impressive: “I’m glad I went with this gel instead of the silicone sheets since it is on my face. I used this product diligently 2x a day after cleansing. It is worth the money for ScarAway to not have a visible scar on my cheek.”
- As mentioned above, this treatment seems to be very effective on newly formed scars: “For new wounds, I highly recommend ScarAway gel for anyone that’s skeptical or on the fence about which brand/product to try especially before too much time passes. You won’t regret it!
I’m beyond happy about results thus far.”
- There’s another customer who believes it is too early to define whether the product is effective or not but the results so far seem very promising: “Too early to say if scar will diminish as it has a high raised ridge. it definitely keeps the scar which pulls with turning of the neck where it is soft and thus not so painful. It also helps the scar keep white and not so red and inflamed.”
Unfortunately, there are people who were not satisfied with their results. Let’s see what they share:
- A customer says ScarAway liquid silicone is way more effective than the gel: ” I used the ScarAway liquid silicone pens in the past and had much better results.”
- Another dissatisfied customer shares: “I had surgery (ovarian cyst removal) on 12/30/2014. I started using this product 4 weeks later, twice per day. My scars are less than they were 2 months ago, but they would have faded some by now anyway.”
- There’s a customer trying to improve the appearance of an old scar but saw no results: “Not working for me, my scar was 3 year olds, after use the whole tube, nothing change!”
How much does ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel cost?
The price of the product seems very acceptable compared to similar creams for scar management. However, there are comments saying that the price of the product can be considered high, having the amount you will get for almost $35.
The product can be purchased Online or from your local store. Unfortunately, customers say that the second option will cost almost twice the Online price.
A more budget version is the ScarAway Repair Gel.
How does ScarAway Scar Diminishing Gel compare to other acne scar healing products?
Last update on 2018-12-14 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API