Advanced Silicone Scar Removal Cream w/Vitamin E
We know that the scar mark left on your skin will keep bothering you. You also know that it will improve after a couple of months if it is a new scar formation or you don’t expect it to diminish in size and fade out if you have an older scar. What if we told you this is just an excuse for not doing your research? If you did, there is no way for you to miss all the clinical studies available, proving the positive effect of silicone-based formulas.
Medical-grade silicone is one of the very few ingredients, providing almost 100% regeneration of the damaged tissue, what is more, this effect is visible on both newly formed and older scars.
Now, let’s talk about one of the products with the greatest potential for the treatment of scars, available on the market, Scarless MD. The formula combines silicone, antioxidant ingredients, deep penetrating oils, and vitamins, aiming to restore the damaged tissue and diminish the appearance of scars.
What are the pros and cons of Scarless MD?
- The formula is developed by doctors who were frustrated with the current scar treatments, so they decided to create a real evidence-based product
- Contains 100% medical-grade silicone, proven effective in the management of both newer and older scar formations
- Keeps the affected area well hydrated
- The product is easy to apply and spread on all affected areas, without leaving a greasy or sticky residue
- Scarless MD is a fragrance-free and cruelty-free product
- There is a 100% money-back guarantee in case you are not happy with the results obtained (you can get your refund within the first 90 days after your purchase)
- You can apply both sunscreen and makeup products on top of the Scarless MD layer applied (note that it should dry up first)
- The product is a bit more on the expensive side, having that there are anti-scar formulas for less than $20
- Multiple comments inform that Scarless MD is not as effective for scars, which are years old
What is Scarless MD?
Scarless MD is a blend of Silicone Gel, Anti-Oxidants, and Vitamin E, which are proven to promote faster wound healing as well as the formation of new, healthier tissue. According to the manufacturer’s presentation, the cream will fade surgical scars, C-section scars, cuts, burns, and abrasions. According to multiple reviews, it works miracles on both hypertrophic and keloid scar formations.
The regular application of the cream allows your skin to breathe while making the area affected softer, well hydrated and flatter making the scars almost invisible.
You can start your Scarless MD treatment 1-2 weeks after suture removal or right after the crusts (scabs) covering your wound. You will be able to notice the first improvements after the first month of consecutive application of the cream, as the formula contains potent ingredients, aiming to
- Stop the development of potential infections
- Reduce the swelling and redness
- Keep the area well hydrated
- Promote skin regeneration
As expected, this is one of the scar management formulas with an impressively positive performance among patients:
Its very smooth and not oily at all unlike other scar creams I’ve used in the past. I started seeing results within the first month and by the end my scar looks amazing.
What are the active ingredients inside Scarless MD?
This is the full ingredients list and the effect each of them provides to the skin:
- Dimethicone (silicon-
based polymer; a deeply hydrating, lubricating ingredient)
- Isopropyl Myristate (another lubricating agent; considered safe in cosmetic products)
- Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (a skin emollient; considered safe in cosmetic products)
- Butylene Glycol (organic alcohol used as solvent and conditioning agent; may provoke skin irritation)
- Glyceryl Stearate (a strong emulsifying agent; its’ topical application is sometimes related to allergic reactions)
- Cyclopentasiloxane (a silicon-based cyclic compound, considered safe in cosmetics; may have harmful effects on the environment)
- Glycerin (a humectant, retains skin moisture; proven t be 100% safe for the skin)
- Ceteareth 20 (an emollient; polyethylene glycol ether; there are safety concerns regarding the toxicity of the ingredient)
- Cyclohexasiloxane (a silicone; used as a skin-conditioning agent and emollient; protects the skin by creating a protecting barrier; has proven anti-aging properties; considered safe)
- Argania Spinosa Kernel Oil (or Argan – shown to have a strong moisturizing effect; proven to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles)
- Palmitoyl Tripeptide-1 (promotes collagen production; proven to have strong anti-aging properties)
- Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide-7 (a peptide, proven to restore skin integrity; considered safe)
- Magnesium Ascorbyl Phosphate (a water-soluble, non-irritating, stable derivative of Vitamin C; the ingredient is proven to boost skin collagen synthesis; indicates no adverse side effects)
- Sodium Hyaluronate (helps replace the hyaluronic acid lost)
- Tocopheryl Acetate (a form of Vitamin E, a natural skin-conditioning agent, and antioxidant)
- Polyacrylate-13 (a thickening agent; skin emollient; FDA-approved ingredient)
- Polyisobutene (synthetic oil; emollient and moisturizer; FDA-approved ingredient)
- Polysorbate 20 (an emulsifier which binds ingredients together in medicine and cosmetics)
- Triethanolamine (an ingredient proven to increase the skin blood flow velocity)
- Carbomer (compound giving the texture to various cosmetic products)
- Disodium EDTA (a chelating agent, used to sequester and decrease the reactivity of metal ions that may be present in a product; there are studies that demonstrate it is toxic)
- Phenoxyethanol (a common cosmetic preservative, linked to reactions ranging from eczema outbreaks to severe, life-threatening allergic reactions)
- Caprylyl Glycol (a humectant and skin conditioning agent)
- DMDM Hydantoin (a preservative; considered dangerous because of its toxic formaldehyde component)
How much does Scarless MD cost?
The product is a bit expensive, having that the market offers anti-scar products for much less than this one. The price, however, is the only thing you can define as negative about Scarless MD.
Additionally, you should keep in mind that this cream combines high-quality ingredients only and the potential side effects are minimal, which does not apply to most of the other products you can buy.
Does Scarless MD really work?
We decided to review this particular formula, as the feedback received from actual patients was really impressive – you can even find comments written by patients who successfully managed to improve scars that are years old!
Most of those purchased the formula, as it was prescribed by their doctor or plastic surgeon but what is more important is the effect they obtained:
- Here’s the comment of a patient, who had his thyroid removed:
This surgery is known for leaving pretty bad scars, so I started using this several days after the sutures were removed. My surgeon gave me the okay. The change has been remarkable, much better than I would have imagined was possible.
- A parent used Scarless MD on daughter (it was recommended by their doctor) and is very satisfied with the results obtained:
Texture is smooth (application is not messy at all), no smell, and works wonders! My daughter’s scar is much less noticeable now. I highly recommend!!
- Here’s a lady, who experienced the positive effect of the formula after the initial application:
This is a great product. My scar looked and felt better after the first day. It continues to improve. It’s expensive, but well worth it.
How does Scarless MD compare to other products, designed for the reduction of scars?
Reviews of the most effective scar removal creams you can find here.
Last update on 2019-07-16 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API