Silicone Gel for Scars, 1 Ounce
Every complex problem has a simple solution – this is the exact way NewGel+ was created.
The product contains only 2 ingredients – Polymerized Siloxanes and Tocopherol (vitamin E). Polymerized Siloxanes are basically dimethicone, one of several types of silicone oil, promoting scar healing. As for the vitamin E – it is a strong antioxidant, preventing infection, caused by potentially damaging agents.
Each tube contains 1 oz (30 ml) substance with proven efficacy in the treatment of scars.
What are the pros and cons of NewGel+?
- (Plastic) Surgeons and dermatologists prefer using silicone-based products for scar management
- According to clinical research, this scar reduction method is proven effective for the treatment of hypertrophic scars and keloids
- The complete treatment period takes 8-12 weeks if the product is applied, according to the directions: twice daily
- The number of people, claiming this is the most effective product available on the market, is impressively high
- Customers claim the gel absorbs completely into the skin (which takes no more than 4-5 minutes)
- People, who were prescribed NewGel+ following surgeries, claim to have a very positive effect on the treatment and their scars are barely visible after a couple of weeks
- The product is suitable for the management of scars, caused by acne, burns, cuts, trauma, general surgeries, C-sections, invasive cosmetic procedures and others
- According to those, who tried both NewGel+ products (the gel form and the adhesive strips), the gel is way more effective
- A thin layer of the gel on the area affected is enough for at least 10-12 hours
- There are customers who are not willing to purchase this gel, as they consider it too expensive
- This gel cannot be applied to open wounds; the affected area should have completely healed
- Like any other skincare product, this one cannot be equally effective for everybody
What is NewGel+?
This is a formula for the management of both newer and older scars, suitable for all ages. The improved technology aims to prevent the further development of scars as well. What makes this product so impressive is its’ extremely positive Online performance and the clinically proven effect of the active component in the formula.
Objectively speaking, the simple ingredients list is what people liked the most about this product, as usually similar formulas contain over 50 different ingredients customers don’t know anything about.
Most customers are generally ‘pleasantly surprised’ by the results obtained. The ones who left negative comments did it mostly because of the product price (this formula is a bit more expensive, compared to similar products, aiming to reduce the sizes and improve the appearance of scars).
What are the active ingredients inside NewGel+?
As mentioned above, this formula is extremely simple – NewGel+E contains 2 ingredients:
- Polymerized Siloxanes (Polydimethylsiloxane) – also called dimethicone and is one of several types of silicone oil, this is an ingredient preventing water loss by forming a hydrating barrier on the skin; it is widely used in cosmetics due to its beneficial properties when applied to the skin; non-toxic ingredient
- Tocopherol – a form of Vitamin E; skin-conditioning agent and antioxidant
Does NewGel+ really work?
About 80% of those who tried the formula, are satisfied with the results they got. Even people with years-old scars say that there is an improvement in their appearance (however, older scars require longer periods of treatment; sometimes, more than a year).
- A customer was prescribed this gel by a plastic surgeon after a Bariatric Body Lift. Here’s what he shares: ” It is amazing, minimized really old surgical scars and it flattened and lightened, and healed current scars. They healed faster and better when the gel was applied.”
- Someone, who was injured during a heavy equipment incident even added photos to his comment: “I’m a 37-year-old man that had a heavy equipment accident. I put a huge scar on my face. Being a man I don’t really care that much but figured I’d give this stuff a try… “
- A customer shares that the gel provided an extremely positive effect on her scar: “Wow this stuff works. You only need to use as little and you need to use it for about 6 months to see scars
flatten and soften but it does work very very well. Just be persistent / not an overnight cure. Some of my
scars have actually become invisible.”
- Here’s the comment of another customer, who undergone a severe surgical procedure: “This stuff really works. I had cervical neck surgery in December and my scar is almost gone. I only need a little bit. The trick is to use it every day twice a day. The second photo shows a rash from the tape from my bone stim. Notice the scar is almost unnoticeable.”
- Let’s not forget the customers who disliked this formula: “Too expensive for this small tube.”
- And let’s be real – it is not a miracle product, it is not equally effective for everybody, several customers saw no effect of the treatment: “Did not make a difference at all.; Using for 1 and half month. Still waiting for the result.”
How to apply NewGel+?
The directions are simple and easy to follow: the area affected should be clean and dry before the application of the gel.You should apply a very thin layer and gently massage it into the skin (until fully absorbed). The product should be applied in the morning and just before bedtime.
If you follow the directions indicated, you will be able to notice improvements within the first 3-4 weeks.
Remember to be realistic in your expectations! Scar tissue cannot completely heal. Products, aiming to treat scars provide visible improvements (lighten the scars, eliminate the irritation and reduce the sizes of the areas affected) but you shouldn’t expect to eliminate the scars – the main purpose of such treatment is to make your scars barely noticeable.
How much does NewGel+ cost?
Compared to similar formulas, aiming to reduce scars, this one is a bit more expensive. However, you should keep in mind that this is the only negative aspect of this product.
You can purchase it both Online and from your local drugstore and the price will vary (usually, you can find the gel for around $55 on the Web). You can also search for coupons Online, assuch are often available.