InviCible Scar receives many favorable reviews. Is it the right treatment for your scar? Read this review to find out how to use is and where to buy.
*MK Consumer Reviews about InviCible Scars
- Invented by a board-certified plastic surgeon
- Proven money back guarantee
- Hypoallergenic (minimum risk of allergy)
- One woman healed her scar of ten years
- High price compared to other creams
- Tube is small and difficult to get all cream out
What is InviCible Scars?
InviCible Scars Advanced Scar Therapy is a scar removal treatment cream that receives many reviews from its customers. The cream is invented by Dr. Minas Chrysopoulo, a board-certified plastic surgeon, who created the cream because he couldn’t find one to recommend to his clients. This serum is unique compared to other creams we have reviewed since it is directly made by an accomplished surgeon.
What are the Ingredients?
InviCible Scars is a silky, white and (mostly) odorless cream that contains a patent ingredient. The noticeable ingredients that make it different from other creams are as follows:
- Vitamin C to help produce healthy collagen to support fast healing
- Silicone gel to improve the appearance of scars, both old and new
- Probiosyn-4 (trademark) is a scar-minimizing complex that consists of three ingredients: Aloe Vera, Essential Fatty Acids, and Licorice Extract, that accelerates healing, lightens dark skin pigmentation, and prevents and treats acne
The full ingredients list includes:
- Dimethicone (a moisturizer to treat or prevent dry, rough, scaly, itchy skin and minor skin irritations; may provoke dryness or slight irritation)
- Dimethicone Crosspolymer (commonly found in moisturizers, sunscreen, cleansers and anti-
aging skin care; may provoke dryness or slight irritation)
- Ascorbic Acid (or vitamin C – has a major role in collagen synthesis)
- Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate (an oil-soluble form of Vitamin C; the ingredient has the ability to increase collagen levels, reduce melanin production, brighten skin, and repair the effects of UV exposure)
- Sunflower Seed Oil (protects the skin from environmental stressors; has anti-aging and skin lightening properties)
- Safflower Seed Oil (natural emollient, has strong hydrating properties)
- Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract (or Aloe Vera – reduces redness and scaling; has soothing and moisturizing properties)
- Licorice Extract (has strong antioxidant properties; provides soothing properties)
How to Use the Cream?
The InviCible cream can be used for the majority of scars, including acne scars and keloid scars. It can also be used to treat stretch marks, hyperpigmentation (dark skin) and melasma (brown patches).
Apply a thin film of the cream, about two or three times a day, and use it until there is no further improvement. You should wait for the wound to close before applying this cream. Dr. Chrysopoulo recommends applying sunblock with an SPF of 30 together with this cream.
On a side note, Mederma Scar Cream with SPF 30 is a combination of treatment cream and sunblock. If you want to compare InviCible Scar versus Mederma, then click here.
Does InviCible Scar Cream Work?
This cream receives some favorable reviews, but also a few negative ones. A summary of people who bought the product and had success can be found in the following points:
- One woman who had a bad scar near her mouth and acne scars for ten years reports that her scar is flat and the color is returning to normal
- Another woman who had deep lacerations on her inner arms says that she started seeing results after the first three days of applying the cream
- A customer who used the cream for just three weeks says her scars have almost disappeared
- A woman who had surgery reports her scars are barely visible after nine months
- Another customer who had breast reconstruction says her scar looks like only a scratch after one year
Though there are many good reviews, this cream is not without its faults. A customer reports that the cream is too greasy for her skin. Another person says the cream clogged up her pores and caused new blemishes she didn’t have before. Several people didn’t see any difference on their scar, including one woman who used it for two and a half months and had no change on her eight-month-old scar.
The majority of complaints are about the price of the cream (which is expensive compared to other similar products). Customers complain that the amount of cream in the tube is too little for the price. Some people have trouble getting all of the cream out of the tube because of the design of it that requires a pump.
However, customer service responds that the design of the tube is made to keep the ingredients fresh, mainly Vitamin C and Probiosyn-4, so that the product has a long shelf-life of up to four years.
Comparison to Other Brands
InviCible Scar Cream VS Mederma
InviCible uses less ingredients than Mederma. It has a trademark complex ingredient made by a board certified surgeon. Mederma uses no patented ingredients; it uses ingredients that are used in many scar creams. But Mederma does come with sunblock (SPF 30) so you don’t have to buy a separate one.
Both creams can deliver good results. We didn’t find a recommended use period for InviCible, while Mederma recommends 90-180 days of use. Some customers complain that InviCible doesn’t contain much cream. You may get a longer treatment with Mederma than InviCible depending on use.
We give a higher rating to Mederma than InviCible. InviCible doesn’t make it into our top 10 scar cream brands. Mederma offers good results and comes with SPF 30 already in it. Other than that, InviCible is more expensive than Mederma. Take a look at our Mederma review for comparison.
Where to Buy InviCible Scar?
The good news is that this product offers a proven money back guarantee. If the cream doesn’t work for you, you can contact the company and ask for a refund. There are a few coupon codes and promo codes you can find online, but we don’t know whether they can be combined with the money back guarantee. You can find this product from the official website or online stores, especially cosmetic stores.
How Does InviCible Scar Compare?
|Mederma Scar Cream||4.3||90-180 Days||Many||Buy on Amazon|
|Scarguard MD||4.0||60-120 Days||Many||Buy on Amazon|
|Scar Zone Advanced||4.0||180-360 Days||Few||Buy on Amazon|
|ScarAway Scar Repair Gel||3.9||60-90 Days||Many||Buy on Amazon|
|Celsus Bio Scar Cream||3.9||180-240 Days||Many||Buy on Amazon|
|Revitol Scar Cream||3.7||14-56 Days||A Few||Buy on Amazon|
|Selevax Scar Cream||3.6||30-60 Days||Many||Buy on Amazon|